Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves..~ Proverbs31:8
April is National Child Sexual Abuse Awareness month.
- We need to get up and start working on this issue.
- Join hands to secure this world for our kids.
- Lot has to be done in this field,small and/or big scale.
- Educating kids about Wrong and Right touches,
- Talking to them more about it and again and agin till they understand they are surrounded by People who will Listen, People who Care, People who will Fight for them.
- It is very important that a child has a SAFE EAR where they can go without hesitation and talk about their concerns. Be that safe ear.
- WE live in a society where Victims of any abuse hide in shame and feel guilty whereas the real culprits roam around freely- this has to change, society has to change, we have to bring this change.
childhood should be carefree
fun, games, sand and puddles
childhood shouldn’t hurt
childhood shouldn’t be about wrong touches
‘ don’t tell your mom It’s our secret’
‘if you tell your parents they will think you are bad’
childhood shouldn’t be hiding under the bed
scared to come out,scared to face the world
childhood should be green and mud on knees
not blood and pain and nightmares
childhood should be playing with parents
asking them for stories and toys
not hiding from them
Childhood is about weaving dreams
not broken ones
A note to Parents and every one who Cares -
- 1 out of 5 boys will be Sexually Abused by their 18th Birthday
- 1 out of 3 Girls will be Sexually Abused by their 18th Birthday
- A child is Sexually Abused every 2 minutes
- Estimated 95% of children who are sexually Abused know the abuser, and in many cases, loves & trusts that person.
- The Abuse may consist of a single incident or many acts over a long period of time.
- It is more often perpetrated by someone known to the child.
- Abuse may escalate over time,particularly is the abuser is is a family member.
- You may be thinking…” That could never happen to my Child” sadly it can and does happen to kids…Never assume that just because you know where your child is and who they are with, That this could never happen to them.
- Never Assume that if this happens or is happening to your child that they would tell you.
- Sexual Predators know how to silence Children and as a Parent, your understaing of this horrific crime is Imperative for your childs safety.
Child abuse is a community problem and its prevention can only succeed through the involvement of social service agencies, schools, hospitals, religious and civic organizations, law enforcement, the business community, and private citizens
Be Careful Be Vigilant Be Active in your kids life
Listen to your kid
Watch people around them
Fight with all you have- ‘if and when’
“The World is a Dangerous Place to live,not because of the people who are Evil, But Beause of the People who don’t do anything about it”Albert Einstein
And although we are talking about prevention do click the link and read the Warning signs
( photo – nsvrc.org)